Sunday, May 8, 2011

Life in Chiang Rai

So I'm here in my final destination.. Chiang Rai, Thailand! I LOVE it here! It's only been a few days but I have already had an incredible experience! It is SO BEAUTIFUL!



 




There are 7 girls in our group and 6 boys and we are in a four bedroom house. I share a room with two other girls and soon to be three after this weekend. The house is nice for Thailand but would be very small compared to American standards. There is no kitchen.. no family room.. we do have a fridge on the back porch!
This is outside half the house.. those two doors lead to the two girl's bedrooms.

This is our bedroom with two of my roommates Jamie and Krystal. That mattress on the floor might look comfortable from this picture but don't let that fool you.. HARD! Good thing I can sleep anywhere and I'm hoping it can straighten my spine and I will come home with perfect posture!

This is our bathroom.. yes and shower. You could kill two birds with one stone I guess but I haven't tried that yet.. :)




          
We got to ride elephants all through the jungle which was one of the coolest things I have ever done.. I feel like I'm living a dream!


I have had so much fun but we are starting our work this week. The next couple days we will be teaching an English camp for over 600 hundred students which should be awesome. We are also heading over to DEPCD (which is the non-profit community that works to prevent human trafficking) We will meet with the girls and hopefully get the ball rolling with some plans of action! Can't wait to meet the kids and get helping!



It is very very humid and hot though and has had a very weird reaction on my feet.. They are seriously so fat!
Worse than when I Eat too much salt! haha

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, how neat, Jennie loves your shower...haha, that is awesome you are there, love the elephants, but sorry about your feet, keep us posted, we love reading all about what you are doing. Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool to see you with those elephants. Can they do any tricks like the movie we saw Water for Elephants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swollen feet are the first sign of downs syndrome. Mosquitos carry it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Chase that just made me laugh so hard! Reed they could do some tricks the Elephants don't speak English or Thai so only the little men can get them to do their tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? your already out there? That's awesome. looks way fun, way better than this snowy Utah Whether.

    ReplyDelete