Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Airport of Smiles


I have arrived in Thailand!! Finally! I feel like I have been traveling for-ev-er! I had a 6:30am flight leaving from Salt Lake to San Fran so sweet Brooke Beus was so nice and pulled an all nighter to take me to the airport at 3:30. Thank you Brooke! I had a two hour lay over in San Fran (which was pocket change compared to the rest of these lay overs) I was then off to Japan. The flight to Japan was 12 hours but went fairly fast because they showed three movies and I was so tired!! I was sitting in an aisle seat and so was this little China man I shared a row with… We had two empty seats between us. After watching a movie or two I laid down on my seat and the seat next me.. the China man obviously thought that was a great idea because when I woke up our heads were touching.. haha awkward..The flight from Japan to Bangkok wasn't bad at all either! It was around 6 hours and I was literally out the whole time. Only woke up when they wheeled those food carts by didn't want to miss out on my noodle dinner! I can already tell I'm going to love it here! The people are so nice and so friendly they have signs everywhere that lets it be known that this is the airport of smiles. :) There are Buddha men walking around in robes with shaved heads like it's so normal. They have prayer rooms here at the airport which I see them filing into.. this is fine by me I'm all about prayer and I was tempted to ask one of them walking in if he would put in a prayer for me to make this over night lay over goes by quickly. It's weird not having a phone.. there are so many things I have seen that are so funny and I wish I could just take out my phone to slyly take a photo to send but sadly.. I cant. Can't bust out my full on camera I don't want to make a bad impression on my first day here. In these last two days of travel I have never felt scarred once and haven't had too hard of a time figuring out where to be or go. It's two in the morning here and that means only six more hours till I'm on my final 2 hour flight to Chiang Rai!! Just hoping my bag is there in the morning and so is someone to meet me!! This has already been a fun adventure and I can stop smiling as I walk around.. Guess this really is the airport of smiles. 


2 comments:

  1. Anything for my Courtney! So glad you are safe! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brooke, so glad you made is safe! You are going to have a blast. Keep blogging! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete